Interestingly, the game's developers have also introduced a new competitive game mode called Team Queue, which removes the restriction that prevents players with different ranks from queuing in a single mode. Maybe similar to the rank system in PUBG.
While many heroes have also been buffed, the big change comes with Soldier: 76, which has become nearly unplayable after a series of changes.
Well, this article will feature highlights from the overwatch 2 patch notes season 5 update, detailed info notes can be accessed from the official Blizzard website.
Also read: META Hero for Each Role in Overwatch 2
Overwatch 2 Patch Notes Season 5
The following are some updates to the latest patch on July 11, 2023.
Summer Games events
In the Summer Games seasonal event, Overwatch 2 users can play Lúcioball, Lúcioball Remix, and Winston's Beach Volleyball. The activity will provide players with various skin rewards such as the new Epic Doomfist skin.
Overwatch 2 also makes changes to the Competitive Team queue. Until the end of season 5, the Team Queue will have no ranking cap.
In terms of maps, this game has improved lighting for several locations, including Blizzard World, Circuit Royale, and Ilios.
In the latest update, a bug caused players to get On Fire at the start of a new round in Competitive Play when playing any game mode or in Quick Play when playing Control. On Fire and Blazing are more difficult to achieve early in the round.
Cooldown On Fire reduced to three seconds. This will prevent most cases where a hero gets On Fire with a delay after a positive contribution.
Meanwhile, the On Fire Score decreases a little faster when the hero is not On Fire. Maintaining Fire for long periods of time is more difficult.
There is also a new centralized location for event information now available from the main menu, where all event challenges, Rewards, and modes are listed in-game.
Also read: How to Use Kiriko Overwatch 2, Rank Up Auto!
In Overwatch 2 patch notes season 5 there are also improvements to several existing heroes.
- Orisa: damage increase increased from 40 to 50 percent.
- Ramattra: Maximum HP increased to 1400 from 1200.
- Wrecking Ball: Manual reload time reduced from 2 to 1.6 seconds.
- Sojourn: The number of shots to reach the maximum spread increased from 8 to 12. The spread was reduced by 12 percent.
- Soldier 76: Increased damage to 19.
- Symmetra: Secondary Fire's maximum impact damage increased from 45 to 50. Secondary's maximum explosion damage increased from 45 to 50.
- Tracer: Updated interaction with Lifeweaver's Petal Platform which allows Tracer to fight playable outdoor objectives on some maps. Update for a bug that causes the Hero Select sound effect from the Mythic Tracer skin to continue playing after changing heroes.
- Lifeweaver: Bug update with Lineweaver Hero Icon challenges not progressing properly. Update to an issue with the Petal Platform preventing jump boost from being applied when jumping from some areas of the platform. Fixed a bug giving Lineweaver a high damage mitigation rate for environmental kills. Even a condition update that allows Life Gripped teammates to die at trap boundaries.
So, those are some of the Overwatch 2 patch notes season 5 updates that you should know about.
Complete your game needs only at VCGamers Marketplace. There are more interesting promos that you can use, you know!