You must have heard the word GG. Maybe, you are also curious what does GG mean?
The use of slang among young people is becoming more widespread. This is supported by the increasingly popular social media.
But apart from social media, the popularity of online games has also had a major impact on the emergence of new slang terms. GG is one of the illustrations. Then what does GG mean?
A unique in-game slang phrase or word is “GG”. So far, very few people know what GG means.
There may even be some new players or gamers who are still unsure about what is meant by GG. There are many other slang words that are used in the realm of online games besides GG.
One that usually uses the word GG is game players Mobile Legends.
GG Means What?
As already mentioned, the word “GG” is unique to gaming industry. GG is an abbreviation which means Good Game. Therefore, GG literally means “good game”.
GG is usually used as a complement to a game which is generally positive and uplifting. The expression "GG" is usually used by more than one player or team.
On the other hand, GG is often used to refer to the opposition. Therefore GG is used to maintain support while praising well-played games.
The Origin of the Word GG
The slang term “GG” did not develop overnight. GG had its own history before it was used like it is today. There is nothing wrong with studying the history or origins of GG in order to understand its meaning more comprehensively.
The name “GG” has perhaps only recently gained popularity along with the online gaming craze. However, not many people know that the term "GG" has been used for quite a long time. According to some sources, the term "GG" has been in use since 1994. However, GG was still used at that time as the full word "Good Game", not as an acronym.
In the Marathon game, which still uses LAN and WAN technology, the name "GG" first appeared in 1994. GG is used to describe a good and cooperative game, as it is now.
Since the emergence of online games, the word GG has become more and more famous. The word GG has been used more frequently since the Defense of the Ancients period or Dota 2.
GG is often used as a code to end a game besides indicating good and supportive play. To give up and end the game, one player often sends the GG code to all other players.
GG is now a slang word or a popular term that is often used among gamers. GG can be used to convey a wide variety of ideas, including positive and uplifting play or strong or dominant players.
Other terms in the game besides GG
Apart from GG, there are many other slang terms or expressions used in the gaming industry. Also, it's important to understand what each word and phrase means, especially if you like to play online game. This is because this slang term is used as often as GG.
Here are some in-game slang terms that are just as important to the definition of GG as they are.
- “GL” or “Good Luck” is a phrase often used at the beginning of the game to indicate “good luck” or “good luck”.
- WP, short for "Well Played", means "play well. Term used to acknowledge the performance of a teammate.
- AFK, or “Away From Keyboard,” is a phrase used to indicate that the player is unable to move or has to leave the game.
- Pro, Term used to describe a skilled player.
- Noob, Term used to describe players with little gaming experience.
- GB or Blind Salary is a term often used to describe athletes with a lower skill level. Therefore, it is not in the team's favor.
- KS, short for Kill Steal, is a term used to describe a player who kills or defeats an opponent when another teammate should have been deemed the winner.
- Disconnect, or DC, is a slang term for "not connected". When a link suddenly drops, this expression is used to describe it.
That was an explanation of what GG meant and some slang words in other games. Hopefully this article helps and satisfies your curiosity so far.